Sunday 6 June 2010

Let's grow old together?

There's nothing quite like feeling like you've known a person longer than you have.


Rather than introducing myself through words, I thoguht I'd give you a glimpse of me over the years.


After all, pictures paint an image clearer than words could ever portray...





This is the youngest picture of me that I have on my laptop - I think I was about eight. I really miss my hair being that length!




I have a feeling that this was my twelfth birthday... I look pretty bad, it's got to be said.




When I moved up to high school, I turned a bit gothic!


Then I had all my hair cut off :(


And dyed it red :)



And this is me now... well, in February anyway. My hair is brown again, and nearly as long as it was before. And I look a little less scary (although it's still there, don't worry)!




Quickest journey through my life ever? Yes.




It's funny how we change... I look back and envy some of the pictures of me, wondering why I changed and mostly, wondering why I thought so little of myself.




I wish that when these were taken I had more confidence in myself. I often wonder how different my life would be now if I had just grasped opportunities with both hands instead of being shy. However, the past cannot be changed, but the future can be.




Take opportunities; you never know if you'll ever get them again.

Believe in yourself; you never know when you might need to.

You are beautiful, I promise.

1 comment: